About Recipes Restaurants FAQ My Kitchen My Kitchen

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Are you hungry?

You may not be hungry, but it's safe to say my husband is! Married 8 months and he eats more all the time. Where he puts it I don't know - he doesn't appear to have an ounce of fat on his body. I work pretty long hours so putting a good meal on the table isn't always easy, but I've learned to plan ahead so that I can serve a well-balanced delicious meal every night of the week. I know plenty of other couples in the same situation, so this blog is my effort to help them out. I'll be posting my weekly menus and some recipes.

We do love to eat out on the weekends, so I'll tell you about some of our favorite places. Here's a start (and a good one!)

For some of the best pizza in New Jersey, Emma's Brick Oven pizza in Cranford is excellent. This little BYO is always bustling, but you get a great meal at a reasonable price. We went last Friday and brought a bottle of Spanish Jumilla. To start, we shared the fried calamari - SHARE - it's enough for more than two! Then I ordered the famous Vodka pie, a personal sized thin crust pie topped with their homemade vodka sauce, mozzarella, prosciutto, and mushrooms. There's a little garlic in this one, too! Jeff had his favorite - a margherita pie with pepperoni, mushrooms and onions. Located on North Union Place in downtown Cranford, this is one spot you don't want to miss!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails