As I so often do, I made a few modifications to the recipe. My version follows. I will note that Chef Perry called for parsley and not basil and sourdough breadcrumbs. Lacking sourdough, I had some pocketless Greek pita so I dried one in the oven and then crushed it with my handy rolling pin.
Prosciutto with Tomato bread salsa
Serve 2 (can easily be increased for more people)
- 8-10 paper thin slices of prosciutto
- 1/2 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- about 5 basil leaves
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (use homemade - store bought are too fine. you want just a little chunkiness)
- 1 Tbsp. tomato juice (just squeeze a chunk of tomato)
- Red wine vinegar
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Arrange the prosciutto on two plates. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, breadcrumbs, basil and tomato juice. Add a splash of red wine vinegar and a lite drizzle of olive oil. Stir to combine, then add salt and pepper to taste. Scoop the tomato salsa into the center of each plate.
Couldn't be any easier!