About Recipes Restaurants FAQ My Kitchen My Kitchen

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Last supper #2: Daniel Boulud

Daniel Boulud's last supper graced our table this weekend. His actual menu would have kept me in the kitchen for a week (and would have fed us for a week). So, I chose a few courses from his choices: we started with a soup - his recipe for Asparagus soup with sweet pepper coulis, then we had a min course of Rack of Lamb with two sauces and crispy salad - another of his recipes. We ended the night with a cheese course. After two weeks Jeff is hooked on Project Last Supper. We've had a couple of great dinners...
Some highlights from Daniel's Last Supper:

Asparagus soup with Sweet Pepper Coulis - Find his recipe on the website for Daniel, his NYC restaurant.

Marinated Lamb chops with two sauces - This recipe is also online - it's on Daniel's section on Starchefs.com. The sauces are a warm tomate ginger sauce and a cool yogurt mint sauce. Both were delicious on the lamb, which I left in a whole rack and grilled.

And last but not least a cheese course. I finally went to the Summit Cheese Shoppe in Summit, NJ. The couple that runs this adorable shop are as nice as can be and they know cheese! I went in and explained that we wanted to do a cheese course for two and that we like firmer cheeses. I wanted 3-4 kinds - and one had to be a goat. The owner let me taste two of the cheeses and of the third, he simply said "Trust me." I did!

He gave us a Rotin Perigord Chevre from France, aged and delicious goat cheese; a Zamorano Sheep's milk cheese from Spain, and a Montasio Extra from northern Italy. I served it with a Pain Rustique from LaBrea bakery and a ripe fig. The perfect ending to the perfect meal!


Last Supper score: That's 2 done and 38 more to go. Next up: either Laurent Tourondel or Jaime Oliver

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails